WORLD PANCREATIC CANCER DAY, LUND SWEDEN, November 17, 2016 – It’s About Time
To create awareness about pancreatic cancer, patient support organizations, industry, healthcare providers and politicians join forces on November 17 in Lund, Sweden.
World Pancreatic Cancer Day Lund, Sweden dedicated to patients and their families
Date: November 17, 2016
Place: Medicon Village, Scheelevägen 2, Lund, Sweden
Moderator: Annika Dopping, Swedish TV personality and facilitator
10.00 – 12.30 About pancreatic cancer:
- Pancreatic cancer overview and how to improve survival rates – Pancreatologist presentation – Prof. Marco Del Chiaro; Karolinska University Hospital, Sweden
- Pancreatic cancer – from a patient perspective. Patient presentations – PALEMA, Swedish patient support organization, Carl Hamilton and Pancreasnetværket, Danish patient organization, Poul Ejby Rasmussen
- Break the silence – Inga-Lill Lellky, Cancerkompisar, Sweden
- Cancer and healthcare updates, what has worked to improve survival rates in other types of cancer so far?
- IMMray™ Biomarker signatures history and development – Prof. Carl Borrebaeck, CREATE Health, Lund
- Early detection of pancreatic cancer with IMMray™ PanCan-d – Immunovia
- CLS clinical laserthermia treatment of advanced pancreatic cancer – CLS
- Cantargia a new way of treating pancreatic cancer – Cantargia
12.30 – 13.30 Sponsored Lunch and “Walk together” for pancreatic cancer awareness
We would like to invite as many people as possible, as our goal with the event is to create AWARENESS ABOUT ONE OF THE DEADLIEST DISEASES: PANCREATIC CANCER!
For registration, please visit www.worldpancreaticcancerdaylund.se
If possible – please show your support by wearing something purple on the day of the event.
World Pancreatic Cancer Day, Lund, Sweden is arranged by Immunovia in collaboration with PALEMA – Cancer Patient Support Organization, Sweden and Pancreasnetværket, Denmark as World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition members, as well as several other partners, such as; Cancerkompisar, Cantargia, Clinical Laserthermia Systems, CREATE Health and Medicon Village.
For more information, please contact:
Laura Chirica, CCO, Immunovia
Immunovia AB was founded in 2007 by investigators from the Department of Immunotechnology at Lund University and CREATE Health, the Center for Translational Cancer Research in Lund, Sweden. Immunovia’s strategy is to decipher the wealth of information in blood and translate it into clinically useful tools to diagnose complex diseases such as cancer, earlier and more accurately than previously possible. Immunovia´s core technology platform, IMMray™, is based on antibody biomarker microarray analysis. The company is now performing clinical validation studies for the commercialization of IMMray™ PanCan-d that could be the first blood based test for early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. In the beginning of 2016, the company started a program focused on autoimmune diseases diagnosis, prognosis and therapy monitoring. The first test from this program, IMMray™ SLE-d, is a biomarker signature derived for differential diagnosis of lupus, now undergoing evaluation and validation. (Source: www.immunovia.com)
Immunovia’s shares (IMMNOV) are listed on Nasdaq First North in Stockholm and Wildeco is the company’s Certified Adviser. For more information, please visit www.immunovia.com.