Press releasesFebruary 15th, 2017 08:00
Immunovia Financial Statement 2016
2016 in Summary
• Prospective validation study of the hereditary risk group for pancreatic cancer started as planned at the end of 2016.
• IMMray™ PanCan–d validated in an American patient cohort. 96% accuracy confirmed for early detection of pancreatic cancer.
• Collaboration with the US National Center Institute to focus on early onset diabetes patients aged over 50.
• Immunovia Scientific Advisory Board in pancreatic cancer was formed.
• Immunovia Board strengthened with internationally experienced commercial leaders.
• World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition was formed and Immunovia is part of the coalition.
• IMMray™ Autoimmunity Program was started in collaboration with Lund University and a large multinational company with good preliminary results announced at the start of 2017.
• Successful completion of preferential rights issue of SEK 28.7 million, adding to previously completed SEK 189.9 million directed issue to ensure necessary financial strength.
• Immunovia announced as Winner of European Small & Mid Cap Stars of Innovation Award 2016.
(SEK thousand unless otherwise stated)
|Full year 2016
|| Full year 2015
|Operating earnings||-14 978||-7 424|
|Earnings before tax||-14 723||-7 384|
|Net earnings||-14 723||-7 384|
|Earnings per share before dilution (SEK/share)||-0,98||-0,82|
|31 Dec 2016||31 Dec 2015|
|Equity ratio, %||98||92|
|Dept ratio, multiple||0,02||0,09|
|No of shares at the end of the period||16 804 059||14 291 216|
|Average number of shares before and after dilution||14 985 688||8 992 357|
This financial statement has been produced in accordance with IFRS for the Immunovia Group, which comprises Immunovia AB and the wholly-owned subsidiary Immunovia Inc.
Immunovia is focused on fundamentally transforming diagnosis of complex forms of cancer and autoimmune diseases. The antibody-based platform, IMMray™, is the result of 15 years of research at CREATE Health – the Center for Translational Cancer Research at Lund University, Sweden. IMMray™ is a technology platform for the development of diagnostic tests and the company’s primary test. IMMray™ PanCan–d is the first test in the world for early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer.
• It is planned to launch IMMray™ PanCan–d on the American and European markets with sales to out-of-pocket customers, to start when the accreditation and production upscaling have been completed, with revenues expected to begin in 2018. In coming years Immunovia will address a market that in total is worth around SEK 30 billion.
• Immunovia sees great potential in the development of tests for other unsolved problems in cancer and autoimmune diseases via its IMMray™ platform. The next focus area will be tests within SLE, based on the positive results announced in early 2017.
* Text has been adjusted compared with Financial Statement dated 24 February 2016.
For more information, please contact:
Chief Executive Officer, CEO, Immunovia
Immunovia AB was founded in 2007 by investigators from the Department of Immunotechnology at Lund University and CREATE Health, the Center for Translational Cancer Research in Lund, Sweden. Immunovia’s strategy is to decipher the wealth of information in blood and translate it into clinically useful tools to diagnose complex diseases such as cancer, earlier and more accurately than previously possible. Immunovia´s core technology platform, IMMray™, is based on antibody biomarker microarray analysis. The company is now performing clinical validation studies for the commercialization of IMMray™ PanCan-d that could be the first blood based test for early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. In the beginning of 2016, the company started a program focused on autoimmune diseases diagnosis, prognosis and therapy monitoring. The first test from this program, IMMray™ SLE-d, is a biomarker signature derived for differential diagnosis of lupus, now undergoing evaluation and validation. (Source: www.immunovia.com)
This information is information that Immunovia AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above.
Immunovia’s shares (IMMNOV) are listed on Nasdaq First North in Stockholm and Wildeco is the company’s Certified Adviser. For more information, please visit www.immunovia.com.