Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic inflammatory rheumatic disease affecting the connective tissues. Patients with SLE can develop a large number of symptoms, ranging from fatigue and rashes to sensitivity to sunlight and relapses of nausea, often in combination. Because it is such a complex and multi-faceted disease it is often confused with other conditions. A simple diagnostic test that would enable clinicians to make an earlier diagnosis of SLE, differentiating it from other similar disorders and assisting them in classification (phenotyping), prognosis and patient management is greatly needed.
Immunovia is currently developing a blood test based on the IMMray™ platform for differentiated diagnosis, prognosis, risk evaluation and classification of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). The test can be performed on patients exhibiting SLE-associated symptoms using a regular blood sample.
- A set of biomarkers (a condensed panels of serum) associated with SLE, that together are deemed sufficient for the development of this test, have been defined
- Discovery studies have been completed
- Patent applications have been filed
- Pre-validation studies have been completed.
- Complementary studies, validation studies are in planning phase.