Results and conclusions from 6 retrospective studies
- IMMray™ PanCan-d could detect PDAC stage I and II patients with 96% accuracy* (fig. 1) and the results were validated with a distinct patient cohort (fig. 2).
- IMMray™ PanCan-d could detect PDAC stage I to IV patients with 98% accuracy* and the results were validated with a distinct patient cohort.
- Chronic pancreatitis was discriminated from PDAC with an accuracy* of 83% (fig. 3).
- IPMN samples of all grades were classified as positives (fig. 4).
- Six studies covering 2482 samples demonstrated robustness and high accuracy of IMMray™ PanCan-d test as summarized in table 1 below.
- Based on these extremely encouraging results we have initiated prospective validation of IMMray™ PanCan-d microarray with the pancreatic cancer risk groups: PanFAM-1 for hereditary/familial, PanSYM-1 for vague/early symptoms and PanDIA-1 for new onset diabetics after 50 years of age.
Analyses of pancreatic cancers in several retrospective studies proved that the test could classify the samples consistently and with a ROC-AUC of ≥ 95%.
Mellby et al: Diagnosis of early stage pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma using a serum biomarker signature- poster presenting IMMray™ PanCan-d retrospective studies results, June 2017, Budapest EPC (read more)
- Ingvarsson J et al.Proteomics 2008 8(11):2211-9.
- Wingren et al. Cancer Res. 2012 15;72(10):2481-90.
- Gerdtsson et al. Int Journal of Proteomics 2015;2015:587250.
- Gerdtsson et al. J Mol Oncol, 2016. 10, 1305-1316.
- Mellby et al. A serum biomarker signature based-liquid biopsy for diagnosis of early stage pancreatic cancer. Manuscript submitted March 2018.
Note: A closer look at accuracy
The accuracy of a test depends on how well the test separates the group being tested into those with and without the disease in question. Accuracy is measured by the area under the ROC curve. An area of 1 represents a perfect test; an area of 0.5 represents a worthless test. A rough guide for classifying the accuracy of a diagnostic test is the traditional academic point system:
- 0.90-1 = excellent (A)
- 0.80-0.90 = good (B)
- 0.70-0.80 = fair (C)
- 0.60-0.70 = poor (D)
- 0.50-0.60 = fail (F)
Reference: Area under the ROC curve http://gim.unmc.edu/dxtests/roc3.htm